Thursday, August 09, 2007

VA Party

So tonight Virgin American threw a party at Ruby Skye and it's sister club, Slide (which amusingly enough has a real slide in its entrance) because their first flights flew today. Since Noelle works there, I got to go. It was an interesting experience, since usually I'm there for some electronic band or a dj and it's a lot dirtier. Tonight all the waitresses and bartenders were dressed like VA flight crew. The food was quite tasty and the open wet bar was great (although I didn't partake much since I figured I'd be driving). I forgot to bring earplugs and was punished for my incompetance. They had an illusionist (not loud) and the band Cold War Kids played (too loud). (Sir) Richard Branson was there to congratulate the troops. Noelle was trying to take a picture from the curb (we stepped out for some air and nicotine, depending on who you were) and got smootched by Sir Richard. I wish I could have gotten a shot of that. Also appearing were a number of Web 2.0 type nerds including Tim O'Reilly. He gave Noelle a moon pie. Weird night, but reasonably entertaining. And good snacks.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home