Friday, July 06, 2007

July 4th Recovery

Whew, I am finally feeling a little less tired after the big Transformers movie/Independence Day BBQ. Noelle and I had around 30 people over to see the fruits of our labors on the house and back yard and to partake in our barbeque feast. Noelle manned the grill and I made sure people had enough sangria, food, etc. Well, I did until about the fourth mojito. Then my recollection becomes fuzzier. Of course that was the day that it was fiendishly hot out. Thankfully we have a covered patio and Noelle even had an excuse to break out her pavillion style sun shade. After three hours or so of food, drink, and general merriment, about half of us went over to Saratoga 14 to see Transformers, the Movie. Given the generally poor quality of Michael Bay's movies, this was like watching Shakespeare in comparison. The human lead was generally engaging as a character and the transformer animations were spectacular. There were a lot of jump cuts and shaky-cam style shots that prevented you from seeing most of the details of the transformations, but I think that added to the mystery. After getting out of the (strangely) hot theater, we went downtown to watch fireworks. Other than being surrounded by a sea of hot, annoying humans, the fireworks show was great! All in all, a great July 4th. But exhausting. I was dragging all day yesterday. I feel much better now. Is it the weekend yet?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home