Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Chris Cornell

I went to the Warfield with Nancy and Jon last night to see Chris Cornell. I had expected that he would stick to his solo material, but I was pleasantly surprised to see him do a ton of Audioslave and Soundgarden material as well. His voice is so awesome and he sings so effortlessly. It really makes me jealous. He mostly just sang, although he played a few acoustic guitar numbers (including an impressive cover of "Billie Jean"). The band he had with him was pretty talented too, although neither of the guitarists is a Kim Thayill or a Tom Morello. Highlights included Rusty Cage, Spoonman, Burden In My Hand, Cochise, Show Me How To Live, and a sonic tsunami I've never heard before called Jesus Christ Pose (old Soundgarden song). All in all a phenomenal show. Even the sound was good (we were sitting right behind the sound board), which is unusual at the Warfield. The only downside was Noelle couldn't come because she hurt her back last weekend. :-(

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home