Thursday, July 31, 2008

STP

Noelle and Coallee and Sean and I caught Stone Temple Pilots in San Diego Sunday night after Comic-Con wound down. The opening acts were BRMC and Wolfmother. Wolfmother! Hooray! I've been wanting to see them again for ages, so this was quite a pleasant surprise. STP came out and did a bunch of songs from Purple that I haven't heard in a while, so that was worth the price of admission alone, to me. (Well, Wolfmother probably was worth it too.) Overall, the band seemed kind of mixed to me, especially Scott Weiland's vocals. Sometimes they were hard to listen to, other times they were fantastic. Definitely worth doing, but I felt a little nostalgic for the turn of the decade shows I saw when they were an incredibly tight band. Hopefully they'll get things better together after being on the road for a while.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home