Wednesday, July 02, 2008

WALL-E



Noelle and I went to see WALL-E the other night. This is quite possibly the most beautiful animated movie I've ever seen. The textures were simply amazing and I kept forgetting that I was watching an animated movie and not a regular film. So, the story runs thusly: in the future, humans have screwed up the planet so much that they decided to depart, leaving behind robots to clean up the trash they left behind. After hundreds of years, WALL-E is the last robot left. WALL-E lives a lonely existence amongst the detritus of humanity with a cockroach as his only companion until one day his world is turned upside down. WALL-E doesn't speak much, but is voiced by Ben Burtt, who also did a lot of the audio effects. You might recall Burtt as the guy who developed many of the signature Star Wars sounds. Or not. Anyway, the sound effects are top notch too. Overall, I was so impressed with this movie that I was wondering when I would see it again before it had even finished.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home