Thursday, May 29, 2008

Indiana Jones and the blahblahblah Crystal Skull


A bunch of us went out to see the new Indy movie last weekend. I enjoyed it and would probably go again. Harrison Ford played a remarkably spry senior citizen Indy, fighting the Russians (led by a wonderful, saber wielding Cate Blanchett) over the secret of some crystal skull thing that will blahblahblah incredible power to whomever blahblahblah. Shia Labeouf from transformers is channeling James Dean and Marlon Brando as Indy's sidekick. Don't worry about plot details like what metals can be magnetized by what. It's a fast paced Indiana Jones roller coaster. I liked it about as much as the last one. Some people complained that the story was far fetched, but to them I reply: "Compared to what?" The last story was about finding the Cup of Christ and fighting off the Nazis for it. Raiders was about the Ark of the Covenant. Seems a bit late to complain about the plausibility of whatever it is Indy's chasing. Anyway, the film looks great (the used the original cameras from Raiders), especially the first part when they're in the desert, where they have a 50s color film look about it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chase scene! Chase scene! More chase scene!
At one point I got up to go to the bathroom after watching the main characters chasing each other in cars and then boats, or maybe it was boats and then cars.
I was only hitting the urinal, so it's not like I took my time, but the can is at the other end of the 12 screen cineplex and I had a leisurely walk. Did my thing, sauntered back.
The fing chase scene was STILL going on. They had just discovered that they were about to go over 3 waterfalls. I started searching for the remote but wasn't able to find it.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home