Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sequoia Photography Trip



Oy! I am really pooped, but having a good time at the photography workshop I've been attending at Sequoia National Park. The lead instructor is David Muench, who's fairly well known in the outdoor photography world. I've been getting up at 4ish to do sunrise shoots at various parts around the park. Yesterday I got to sleep in until six. What luxury!




I've been learning a lot of stuff, some from the instructors, some just from having a lot of time to use my gear in the field. Now whether I will remember it all remains to be seen.




I've met a lot of interesting people and been seeing a lot of cool stuff. Shooting in the woods presents a number of challenges, such as mixed light (David calls it "shattered light") and a lot of junk that's not that interesting to look at. Sequoias are additionally a challenge because they are so large it's hard to photograph them in a meaningful way. We had bears wandering through some of our shooting areas, which was exciting. I'll try to get more pictures posted as soon as I can.



I'll be heading home in a few hours and maybe I'll get to sleep in a bit tomorrow. Then back to going through the 1355 images I've shot since Monday.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home