Tuesday, March 13, 2007

300



A bunch of us went to see 300 last weekend. Excellent movie. Some of the dialog was a bit clunky, but otherwise I thought it was great. It's really visually arresting. This the first time I can remember where the trailer of movie really delivered the kind of experience that the actual movie did. There were a lot of bullet time type effects and an ocean of digital gore. It really was a lot more violent than many of the movies I've seen of late, but it seemed about right for a Frank Miller story. I would definitely see this one again.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this movie after reading your post. Terrific sets and a stark, high-contrast, production quality. Not to be confused with actual history, but a compelling version of the legend of Leonidas at Thermopylae. A tragic hero - the best kind.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home