Saturday, February 24, 2007

Bang, Bang, Hammer, Hammer

So at long last, I am making serious progress on a number of home improvement tasks around the house. Some said it would never be done, could never be done, and possibly should never be done (oh wait, I don't think anyone said that last one), but here it is at last. I have spent a number of days going through bags of ancient mail, sorting out what can be recycled and what needed to be shredded. Still have a number of bags to go, but perceptible progress has been made. I've also spent quite a while properly filing (instead of piling into a box) my bills, etc. On Wednesday some guys are coming to replace the ancient garage door with a 20th century one. Next week I have people coming buy to plan and out and start preparations on replacement windows and getting the house properly insulated. Noelle's been fabulous at making my lawn look like it's owned by a human, fixing skylights, moving stuff out of the garage (oh yeah, that's another project, making room inside the garage to store a car), bagging my mail, taking me to Ikea to get bookcases and stuff and a million other things.This would not be possible without her. <love bubbles> Oh and very soon now I will be ripping out the crappy, decrepit sprinkler system and replacing it with a snazzier automatic one in preparation for the new landscaping. I'm tired, but happy the house is looking better. Well, actually it looks like a bomb went off in it right at the moment, but you can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs, right?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home