Thursday, July 27, 2006

Muse



I got the latest Muse album a couple weeks back and it's really great. Went to see them at the SF Design Center in the city with David and Jon. They are fairly impressive in that they are as technically sharp live as they are in the studio. Almost a prog rock sound. We spent some time debating who they sound like. I hear Rush ("Temple of Cirrus"?) in their latest single, but I think I am the only one. Too bad the venue's acoustics leave a bit to be desired. Way too much bass, a bit loud for the size of the hall. Anyway, they were fantastic live and I would definitely see them again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Are these the guys they keep playing on 105.3? ("Knights of" something or other?) ...I find that track kinda annoying, actually...

10:52 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

"Knights of Cydonia" is the track you're thinking of, I believe. I like it, probably because I get "Ghost Riders In the Sky" as done by Rush vibe off of it. :-)

If you don't like that one, check out their *shudder* myspace page and listen to Hysteria or Supermassive Black Hole.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home