Thursday, July 27, 2006

A Scanner Darkly



I went out a couple weeks ago and caught this (another Keanu movie!) with a bunch of friends of mine at a local art house theater. It was remarkably true to the PKD novel from which it was derived. Which is good, since it's one of my favorites. Ir's about an undercover cop attempting to infiltrate a drug ring in a future where "Substance D" is a the bogeyman drug. The cop gets a little too close, as it turns out, to the drug ring. There was a lot of odd laughter during the film, i thought. People laughing at things that if you consider the circumstances, weren't really that funny. Anyway, I thought it was a solid delivery, especially with the wacky rotoscoping effects. Hope to catch it again before it leaves the theaters. We'll see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Sorry, dude, I've been crazily busy lately and my blogging has run a bit behind. Glad you like the site, though. :-)

ASD is one of my favorite (if not my absolute favorite) PDK novels. I thought the implication was that he would make it back for Thanksgiving, but it's not entirely clear. Guess I'll have to go back and watch it again. :-)

Looking forward to the rerelease of Blade Runner this year.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home