Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Radiohead Live

I went to see Radiohead last Saturday with Annie and her friends Thad and Will at the Greek Theater in Berkeley. What a fantastic show! We got in right as they started up and got a place to stand about 200 feet from the stage. Since I was standing on a step right by an aisle that security kept clear during most of the show, I had a largely unobstructed view, as well. They played about two hours, including a second encore. "No Surprises" was really good as was "Fake Plastic Trees", which I hadn't heard in quite a while. The whole show was really superb. They had a lot of stuff from OK Computer as well as Hail To the Thief. I should follow the band around or something. I am hoping they'll do a stadium tour once their new album comes out. They played a few new songs from it including one called "Down Is the New Up." Ahhh, so nice.

Random Trivia:
1. Thom played: guitar, drums, piano, and synth (as well as singing)
2. Jonny plays Telecasters pretty much exclusively.
3. This is the first major band I've ever seen in concert that stopped when they messed something up and started over again.
4. I can go without peeing for over two hours, if I have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home