Monday, July 10, 2006

More Concerty Goodness

Catching up a bit. Saw Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Thursday at the Alameda County Fair. Excellent swing band. I am surprised that I have at least three Squirrel Nut Zippers albums, but no BBVD. Anyway, it was the best $9 show I've ever seen. Saturday night Noelle, Carl and I (and I guess Wendy and Dave, but they were in the good seats) went to see NIN for the fourth time in 15 months. Fucking amazing show! Every show is a little bit different. This one was most like the Oakland show last fall. I wish we had gotten the good seats instead of lawn because the visuals were crazy! And I would also have been stoked to get the guitar that Trent threw out into the audience, too. :-) I guess he was letting go since it's the end of the tour. Sigh. Hope I don't have to wait five years to see his next show. Since it wasn't too too late, we caught Aki's blues band playing a gig over in Santa Clara and had breakfast at the mini-gourmet at three in the morning. That was an odd scene.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you catch Bauhaus too? Or are they only touring with them out our way?
FV

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home