Thursday, December 02, 2004

Vaya Con Dios, Teac CD Player?

So for the past few weeks I've become increasingly apprehensive about the sound of CDs played out through my stereo speakers. The sound has grown more and more distorted. I was worried that my overpriced speakers were about to go the way of the dodo or perhaps that my hearing was really starting to shut down. On a whim, I tried playing a "bad" sounding CD through my DVD player (which is capable of playing CDs too). Distortion goes away. I guess my good old Teac (15 years old!) CD player is on its last legs. I've been having problems getting it to play CDs reliably, but if I reached inside and jiggled stuff around with my fingers I could usually sort things out. But bad sounding audio is just unacceptable. I guess I'll have to get a new CD player, which will hopefully last as long as the old one. :-(

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon Reid said...

If your DVD player handles CDs, why not use it for music as well? Or do you watch movies and listen to albums at the same time? :)

1:09 PM  
Blogger Noelle said...

I'll put $1 down that he says he does!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

No, I don't watch DVDs and listen to CDs at the same time. But the DVD player won't play CD-Rs. And the old CD player would also do "virtual surround sound" where it would output sound out of four speakers instead of just the two. And I suppose I could get one of them 200 disc changers, too.

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home