Friday, November 26, 2004

Aftermath

Well, the dishwasher's running now, flushing away the detritus of another year's Thanksgiving feast. And this year the feast was at my place, where people oddly enough decided they wanted to eat. The experimental turkey was fairly easy to cook (cooking in bag = no basting = good thing) and appeared to be well received. Pies went to plan. Stuffing was tasty, although I'm kinda pissed that my never used food processor crapped out after 8 cups of bread. Grrr. I'm thankful I had a blender with a chop setting and people kind enough to dine with me. And enough room in my fridge for leftovers. All right, I'm going back to bed. My thanks go out to everyone who came.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I still don't get why you're using a food processor on the bread. I use my mother's technique of cutting bread into cubes, and while it gives the stuffing a different appearance, it's still pretty tasty.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

My gram always ground up her breadcrumbs nice and fine. Who am I to mess with her recipe (since I was the one who asked for it in the first place)? Besides, it's easier to use a food processor (when it works). :-)

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home