Saturday, October 02, 2004

The Forgotten

Went to see this tonight. I found it kind of a mixed bag. It's a thriller about a woman mourning the loss of her son, who suddenly finds her sanity in question. Memories prove slippery, weird people appear to be chasing her, etc. There were some genuinely scary moments in here. The director/cinematographer threw in several shocks that took me by surprise. But something didn't quite grab me, maybe it was the environment*. I guess if you like the X-Files you'd probably like this movie.

* - Note to the stoners who decided to go to the movies tonight. Stay home. The food is cheaper there and your laughter and commentary will be better appreciated there. I couldn't believe the people who were in the audience. I kept thinking: Why are they laughing? Should I be finding this funny?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home