Sunday, March 29, 2009

News of the Times

Police are remaining patient in a standoff with an armed SJ man who threatened to kill himself. This is more crazy shit going on in my neighborhood (just down the street). The standoff held up some people trying to show up for our wedding today (in the back yard), as the cops had (still have, AFAIK) closed off the main street that runs near our house. I got some of our neighbors to knock off the noise for a bit while we did the do.

In other news, SWAT team neighbor has left because the house she was renting finally sold and new owners moved in today. The head of the household appears to be a family man (wife, three daughters) who teaches at a nearby school. Score! Oh, and he was there doing yard work, which made it all the sweeter.

In other news, I'm officially hitched (I keep hitting my wedding ring on stuff). Some friends took us out afterwards to Kyoto Palace where there was much sake consumption on my part (c'mon, man the bottles are small, how bad could it get?). This came back to haunt me later in the afternoon when I awoke from my nap slightly hung over and definitely sluggish. Packing is mostly done now and we're about ready to head off to Istanbul tomorrow morning.

Oh, we saw Monsters vs Aliens last night. It was all that I hoped for in a Monsters vs Aliens cartoon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home