Monday, March 02, 2009

Another weekend, another blog post

Well, I sort of got the recovery I wished for last weekend. Friday night I was sort of planning on getting my tax papers ready for today and maybe some Fallout 3, but I ended up having dinner at Amber and Morgan's with Noelle and then going over to Will's for a tour of his spacious abode, some board games (well, just Carcasonne, really), and a viewing of Hellboy 2 on his ginormous tv.

After that late night adventure (I think we got home around 3), we completely blew off Wondercon this weekend. I have mixed feelings about it, but it was really nice to sleep in. We also got a number of errands run that we would not have otherwise gotten to, I think and I had a pleasant afternoon with Noelle, culminating in dinner at Zao in Palo Alto. After dinner we joined the other nerds at the beautiful Fox Oakland theater for Video Games Live. Noelle had fabulous seats (second row orchestra) and the sound was outstanding. Best of all, I was able to haul my camera gear into the theater and hopefully I have some fantastic pictures. Need to get some image processing done, I think I am about three weeks behind now.

Sunday was another super sleep in day. We got up late, visited a nursery to look at rose bushes, went to a bookstore, got some stuff at OSH and that pretty much completed the day before we met up with Aki, Rachel, and Cindy to see Milk at the movies. I guess Sean Penn's performance might have been a little better than Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler, but I think it was a bad luck for Rourke. After getting home, I pretty much spent the rest of the night getting ready for my Monday morning tax appointment.

And this morning was crazy too. Got up early to call a tow truck to take away the Z, which has been suffering from some new electrical malady, hauled some stuff out of the garage to donate, took Noelle to get a breakfast sandwich to placate her for needlessly waking her up early, saw my tax guy, and then rushed in to work to catch the last part of our monthly planning meeting. I am bushed and I have to take Noelle to the hospital tomorrow to have her gall bladder out. Too much stuff too close together.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home