Monday, February 09, 2009

Coraline



A bunch of us went out last Friday to see the Premiere of Coraline in 3D at the local theater. I felt like crap, as I appear to be recovering from _another_ frickin' cold. I was tired and cranky and ill prepared to wait in line for 45 minutes, but I did anyway.

It was worth the wait. I hadn't read Neil Gaiman's story of a bored little girl whose disinterested parents move her away from her Michigan home to darkest Oregon. Her neighbors are weird and/or irritating and her life is generally annoying. At one point she travels through the Other World in a dream, which is like the real world, only cooler. She has an Other Father and an Other Mother who are just like the parents she wishes she would have, other than having buttons for eyes. Everything there is odd, but super cool. But then things start going awry...

Anyway, I have not read the story upon which the movie is based, but I was thoroughly entertained for the hour and forty minutes or so it ran. One of the better movies I've seen in a while.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home