Friday, February 13, 2009

Excitement of the Day

So when Noelle goes off to work yesterday morning, she quickly comes back and tells me that the road is blocked off and that there's a police motorcycle at the other end of the street. She heads off the other way and I get a text saying there's a gas leak. Huh, I think. When _I_ go off to work, I notice that there is not one, but _three_ helicopters flying over the area. So when I get to work I google it and find out that there's a hazmat team just around the corner from my house! WTF? I then read that they've closed down Valley Medical Center's ER because of possible contamination of unknown kind from the site around the corner from my house because they brought a sick kid from there to the ER. WTF?!?!? It turns out that the helicopters are tv helicopters and I am watching surreal video like the one linked here. It was very weird because I could identify the houses in the helicopter shots. Eventually it turns out that the kid was sickened by Hydrogen Sulfide, which while bad, is certainly not the end of the world. The cops are still unsure as to where it came from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home