Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Wow, April

So somehow most of March has slipped past me. I was sick for at least half the month. My head congestion hasn't quite left, but at least my hearing has gone back to normal. Gary Gygax, Arthur C. Clarke and Anthony Minghella died. Noelle's mom came up to visit around the middle of the month. We went to the SF Home and Garden show, where I toyed with the idea of buying a hot tub, but ruled it out for now. The weekend after that we had about twenty people over for Ham Slam 2008 (our non-denominational ham consumption celebration) and some Rock Band playing. We have lots of plants in bloom these days: the ceanothus and weeping crabapple out front and the apple tree and the fruit salad tree out back. We also have a plethora of calla lilies in bloom and the irises appear to be on deck. Last week I had to take Noelle to the hospital because she had been throwing up and had a high fever. Turns out she had a kidney infection. The most important lesson I think I learned from our nine hour stay was that if you want to get to the head of the line in the doctor's office, just start throwing up violently. Last weekend, a much recovered Noelle and I went up to the northern coast of California for a getaway to the redwoods at the Lost Whale Inn in Trinidad, CA. It was wonderfully green up there and it was so nice to get away from the hubbub of the Bay Area. Sadly, I managed to scratch my beloved wide angle lens because I wasn't paying attention to the tripod it was situated on. Oh, and I proposed to Noelle on the beach and she accepted. ;-)

(An actual recounting of my activities in March and not an April Fool's joke.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, hello! Congratulations, Chris!

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Noelle, but I've always heard you speak highly of her. Marriage will shape you both and it is so incredibly worth it.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I checked your blog, but it turns out to have been a propitious day. Congrats to you and Noelle! That's great news.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your HTML cannot be accepted: Tag is not allowed: http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7247/vvve4.jpg

Love,
FDV

10:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hi there gentlemen! Your congratulations are most welcome.

Fred, nice to see you keeping it classy. ;-)

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home