Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Velvet Relvolver

David, Nancy, and I went to see VR last night at the Warfield last night. It was a pretty good show, although kind of short. They had no opening act and were about 45 minutes late getting onstage, which worked out fine for us. We were sitting on the front row of the balcony, so we had a great view of the band. They played mostly their VR songs, with a few STP ("Interstate Love Song", "Vasoline") songs and at least one GnR ("Mr Brownstone") song. Maybe it's because I've never seen him up close before, but Scott Weiland did not look good (i.e. healthy) last night. I was surprised how energetic he was on stage given his physical appearance. Perhaps that's why the show was so short (about 75 minutes). Anyway, the music was generally pretty good (I was disappointed by Vasoline) and I'd probably go again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home