Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Treasure Island Festival

On Saturday, Noelle and I went up to Treasure Island to see a festival concert. They had a ferris wheel:


And a nice view of the city:









They had a number of art installations, including solar sunflowers that lit up at night, these sound generating tubes, and a giant flowery thing. There was even a classic arcade game tent so I could get in some Tempest. They had a lot of people hawking various kinds of art, including some people selling their concert posters. I bought... a few.

A lot of people came:





There were of course, a lot of bands playing. We saw the end of MIA, who had that Karangarangarang song. Flosstradamus was a cool DJ duo. I really liked what I heard of Gotan Project while I was waiting in line. They were a sort of dancy Cirque du Soleil sounding group. I also liked Kinky, a Mexican rock band that, well, rocked. Finally, at long last we got to get our groove on with Thievery Corporation.




Before heading out:

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rick D said...

Great pics! Sorry I missed it.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home