Thursday, September 06, 2007

Lick Fire


So Noelle and I were doing yard work Monday evening and I noticed a large cloud or something in the sky. It turned out to be a plume of smoke.



So we hopped in the car with our somewhat inappropriate yard work clothes on and went fire chasing to see where the cause of the blaze was. I recconned that it was to the south, maybe near Gilroy or Morgan Hill. We went east for a bit, then down 101. Noelle got a little disheartened because the plume disappeared behind the hills. I got a little disheartened because it was getting dark and I had neglected to bring my tripod.

Just as we were coming to the Cochrane Road exit in Morgan Hill, I saw the plume again behind the hills! So we drove up into the hills in Morgan Hill, where all the rich folk live. Finally we found a spot where you could see the smoke (and now fire) in the distance.


These look brighter than they were because the camera was trying to expose for the light parts of the shot.

It got darker.





This fire is being called the Lick Fire. It's out in the middle of nowhere, so they're having a hard time containing it. It's burned about 10,000 acres as of yesterday. They expect it to burn 30,000 acres by the time it's done.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home