Thursday, September 06, 2007

Au Revoir, Summer

Labor Day has passed (I know, it was several days ago. I'm slow.). We went to Wendy's birthday party Friday night. Saturday morning a bunch of us held a shopping spree for Fus, who is moving back to Iceland soon, where they do not have outlet malls. Saturday evening Noelle and I dropped by at the Family Values tour to see Korn and Evanescence. They both did a standup job. I feel like my Korn and Evanescence needs are satisfied for a while. Sunday we dragged ourselves out of bed early (i.e. noon) to go to a cookout at Carl and Erin's in Walnut Creek. We passed all the dummies on Hwy 17 heading over the hill to Santa Cruz to get away from the heat. We played the contrarian role and drove into the heat. They had a pool though and the AC worked great. Lots of good booze, as well. Sunday night we went out with Aki, Rachel, and Mike to see Balls of Fury. It was decent, not a gutbuster, but it had some good moments. I did burst out laughing at one point when I realized it was an unabashed, um, homage to Enter the Dragon. I think I was the only one. Monday was spent running errands and fire chasing, with a late night trip to the bookstore for crime novels and magazines.

And that, my friends, is pretty much a capsule version of my summer. Which is now gone. Note the absence of camping and/or trips to national parks. Sigh. Well, gotta plan better next year. On the bright side I did make it to Tahoe a few times (going up for an overnight this weekend!), so there was some fresh air in there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home