Friday, April 15, 2005

True Grit

Went to see the The Crystal Method in the City last night with Noelle and Carl. The show didn't start until 10pm and was scheduled to run until 3 or 4 in the morning. Not sure if it did, as we left around 2am. It was in some club I've never heard of called Mezzanine, which is probably one of the nice clubs I've ever seen. They had a nice light setup and a cool visualization screen on the wall. Ken and Scott came on around midnight and did a DJ set which was great. The opening DJ was really cool tool. Danced my ass off in my own unorthodox style for two and half hours. I feel surprisingly good, considering. I saw TCM at 4th and B in San Diego last summer and this was a much better scene. There appeared to be a wide variety of people there, not just the club kids. And a lot of people freestyling. I think all shows should start at 10, so I could go to work and then to the show afterwards. :-) Highlights:

  • Creepiest Dancer - The guy in his 50s who kept downing drinks and appeared to be seriously weirding out the two girls in front of me.
  • Cutest Scared Girl - The tiny girl who seemed to shrink back away from me each time I show much as glanced in her direction. I don't think I'm that scary. I don't bite. Hard.
  • Favorite Game In the Club - Is That A Dude?
  • Best Sample - Enter Sandman
  • Coolest Bouncer - The guy out front with the MadCat Battlemech patch on his jacket.
  • Cause of Most Concern - The guy who stopped and bent over next to me for about half an hour and proceeded to lean against a pole after that. Kept wondering if we were going to have call EMS.
  • Favorite Street Person - The guy who waved us into the parking spot conveniently located right around the corner from the club.
  • Best Sugary Drink - Berry Slurpee!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had two pretty cool weekends - that's more like it!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Well, if you count Thursday night as part of the weekend. :-) Anyway, I'm not complaining.

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home