Sunday, April 03, 2005

Damn You Ticketbastard! Damn You Scalpers!

So, I wanted to see Audioslave at the Warfield next month so I got up at 9:45 (which was 8:45 until this morning, thanks to DST) and got online. Right around 10 (and I know what time it was because I'm connect to a network time server) I try ordering tickets at Ticketmaster. I get the "These tickets not yet available for sale yet." page. I reload the page. Same thing. Again. Again. Again... And so forth for almost six minutes, at which time I get through to order and try and order and... It's sold out!! WTF? This is the third time this has happened out of the last four concerts I tried to order tickets through Ticketmaster. I start ordering online at the appointed hour and the first time I get through, they don't have any tickets. Somebody must have tickets, but who? Oh, the scalpers, that's who. Either the brokers who do this for a living or the "fans" who through the convenience of e-bay can easily buy extras and make a tidy profit off them on the auction site. At last check there were 124 auctions there for Audioslave tickets at the Warfield. Some of the auctions for this show in San Francisco are operating out of San Diego, New York, and Bumfuck, Washington, so they are clearly in it for the money. I found a scalper website that was offering their wares via Craigslist less than 40 minutes after the show went on sale. This makes me very upset (again) with humanity. I get the feeling that I am not going to be going to as many shows as I used to, at least if the bands are remotely popular. Oh, it's not like the scalpers are necessarily even hiring homeless people to order tickets online as they used to do. Now they have gone high tech, according to this article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home