Sunday, January 09, 2005

Fun Sunday Afternoon!

So I went to Yoshi's in Oakland to see a great blues show. Charlie Musselwhite excellent and James Cotton was incredible. But my favorite performer by far was Kim Wilson, formerly of The Fabulous Thunderbirds. He has a great voice and the articulation he did on the harmonica was astonishing!

After the show I went and visited my friend Rick whom I haven't seen in far too long. We bummed around Berkeley and had a nice dinner and ended up browsing at Pegasus Books, where I got Persepolis 2 and the hardbound 1602 which is convenient because I finished Persepolis over the holidays and I've just finished rereading the Sandman cartoons. 1602 is really cool so far. The illustrations are excellent and the writing (from the incredible Neil Gaiman) is also great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home