Thursday, December 30, 2004

Crossroads

So, somehow I've managed to book a three hour layover here in Chicago's beautiful and spacious O'Hare airport so I thought I'd blog a little to pass the time, since my tour of terminals B and C is concluded. I had nice long walk through the airport, looking at the plethora of Hudson News kiosks, the giant replica brachiosaur at the Field Museum, and the throngs of people going to wherever it is that they're going. O'Hare is a giant crossroads and that sort of resembles how I feel right now. Things are going to change soon. I can't really elaborate because some of it is just a sense of things that I have and some things I haven't quite worked out in my head yet. Definitely going to get into better shape in the coming months. I know that the New Year is an artificial boundary line, but it seems as good a demarcation as any to me. I think next year I'm going to take the Life Is Good people's motto to heart: Do what you like. Like what you do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hui said...

I heard some poem reading on a Taiwanese radio station (no, I don't have the control of the tuner). Something about time is a weak attempt of human to try to make the passing of time understandable. I guess the point is we shouldn't be compelled by the new year's coming, but treat every minute as a new minute? Dunno.

I LOVE that motto, though. Can I borrow it? :)

6:52 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hey, I took it from Life Is Good, so I can hardly keep it from you. :-)

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home