Saturday, June 26, 2004

Napoleon Dynamite

Saw Napoleon Dynamite the other night with my friend Mike (E not H). I found it pretty funny. Napoleon is the nerdiest of nerds in high school.His clothes are dreadful and he runs around with his mouth open through the whole movie (and not in that dramatic Bruce Willis way). Most of the people in the movie are also spectacularly maladjusted in one way or another. I don't know if they are trying to make some kind of comment about Idaho or not. It seemed nice enough when I was there. The time is unclear to me because they referred to chat rooms at one point, but everyone seemed to be listening to 80s music. Napoleon lives in a fantasy world to cope with his crazy inadequacy. The movie's plot is a little weak, it just kind of drifts between moments in his life. One thing that annoyed me was the review I read in the Merc complained about the "Frito bandito" stereotype of Napoleon's friend Pedro. Uh, all of Napoleon's friends are kinda messed up, dumdum. Pedro just happens to be Mexican. Sheesh. Anyway, if you like odd comedies about weirdo outsiders (Rushmore comes to mind for some reason), I think you'll probably like ND.


Listening to: Low from the album One By One by Foo Fighters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home