Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Avatar



Went out with several friends to see James Cameron's newest adventure, Avatar. I was a little skeptical because the trailer didn't really do much for me, but on the other hand I don't think I've ever seen a James Cameron movie I've hated. Avatar was a pleasant surprise. The plot is solid if unremarkable, about earth interests who are trying to move an alien race off of their tribal lands to get the resources (Unobtainium, if you can believe it) that lay below. You can see the plot devices and developments coming from a mile away, but the ending is still emotionally satisfying, if predictable. The visuals, on the other hand, were amazing. The first half of the movie is just achingly beautiful. The character animation was also good, especially the facial expressions. The 3D where I was sitting (towards the front and to the side) was meh at times with out of focus objects becoming distractingly fuzzy. I will probably go again once more in the theaters to see this on the big screen before it leaves.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home