Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Puttin' On the Ritz (again)

So, while enjoying a fine breakfast this morning before our day trip up the Bosporus, I check one of my e-mail accounts only to find that Yahoo Travel has chosen today (I guess the previous day relative to the CA time zone) that the airline which was supposed to have taken us to Santorini tomorrow has changed our flight status to "unconfirmed." and that I have 48 hours to clear things up with them. Good thing I have Internet access here! So, long story short(er), Olympic had cancelled our flight for tomorrow and if I want to roll the dice and cancel all our flights in Greece for the rest of the trip and gamble that the walkup price is less (fat chance) I can do that, otherwise I have take the next flight they can offer me and suck up the extra night in Istanbul.

Edit: iPhone ran out of juice. Rebooked the flight for Friday and we got another night at the Ritz. I got an answering machine at the next hotel, so hopefully they understand the situation. All things being equal, the Ritz is a fine place to hole up. Costs notwithstanding, the service is superior to anything I've ever had. Going to check out Topkapi Palace momentarily.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home