Monday, April 13, 2009

Istanbul Once More (With Feeling)

So Noelle and I have returned to Istanbul for the last night before heading home and we're staying at the fabulous Istanbul W. And I do mean fabulous! This place is like what they imagined the 21st century would be like back in the 70s (not the Soylent Green imagining). Seriously, this place has mood lighting like a club and chillout music playing everywhere, like a club. Unlike a club, the music doesn't threaten to damage my permanent hearing. This place is far and away the most fun of any of the places that we've stayed at so far. If Virgin America were a hotel, it'd be a W. And frankly, that's just what we need before our 16 hour flight back tomorrow. The cabbie from the airport even failed to play the "you gave me insufficient money" game that most of the Turkish cabbies have tried to run on us. I was honestly dreading having to deal with that shenannigans. In 24 hours we'll be in the air heading back to the Bay area, which I miss, especially my non-swank house and my super swank kitties. Looking forward to seeing our friends and having a cool wedding reception.

Oh, did I mention the free wifi in the lobby? I really like this place.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home