Friday, January 02, 2009

Thousandth Post

This post is a milestone of sorts for the blog: 1000th Post. Four and a half years ago, a thousand posts ago I was a single, disgruntled contract worker. Now I am engaged to be married, considerably more gruntled, and working full time. I've seen two major layoffs at my company. Loved ones have passed away. I am a tivo owner now. I got a convertible, a time share, two guitars, a new computer, an xbox 360, two HD TVs, and a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember right now. I have visited three new countries, several new national parks, and our nation's capital for the first time. We've lived through an Attorney General who wasn't sure if the right to habeas corpus exists under the Constitution but now we have Change We Can Believe In (or maybe just The Audacity of Hope). I have seen couples form and break apart. We have wireless video game controllers and iPhones, but still no jet packs. We live in uncertain times, but there is an ebb and flow to life that is pleasing. I look forward to seeing what the next 1000 posts bring.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home