Sunday, September 07, 2008

NIN



A bunch of us went up to Oakland to see Nine Inch Nails Friday night. Noelle scored us some fantastic seats: incredibly close to the stage. One of the things I love about NIN shows is that they always seem to have so much variety. I think I've seen about half a dozen shows in the past couple of years and they've always been different. This show, like the last time I saw Trent and the boys at Oakland had a really outstanding set of visuals. I like this venue because it's large enough to have cool special effects, but not so large that you're really ever far away from the stage. The sound was also exemplary, perhaps the best of any NIN show I've seen. I thought Trent would do a few songs from The Slip, which he did, but I was surprised that that they also played several songs from the Ghosts albums (which are all instrumentals). The fans seemed surprisingly tolerant. Of course they played pretty much all of the classic NIN songs, although the arrangements for some of them were unusual. Anyway, it was a great night out, definitely one of the better concerts we've been to this year.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home