Friday, November 17, 2006

Neil Speaks!

So, about 6:30 this evening I happened to look at Neil Gaiman's blog while I was doing a build to be jolted into remembering that Noelle and I had tickets to see him at SJSU tonight. At 7:30. She had forgotten also, but we managed to sneak into the back of the room where Neil was kind enough to treat us to a reading of an interview (think police interview) where you heard the answers to the questions, but not the questions themselves. That was pretty entertaining. The second piece he read from was "Chapter four" in the novel he's currently working on called the Graveyard Book (think Jungle Book, except with dead people raising Mowgli instead of jungle animals) it was very, very good. It was also flattering because Neil claimed to never have read it anywhere else before. We stuck around afterwards just long enough to get some posters before we split to get some food. On the way over to Original Joe's we saw that there's a comic book shop open on San Carlos (Funny Monkey Comics). We stopped in after dinner and I scored a copy of Absolute Sandman and The Lost Girls. Turns out it's the same shop that used to be over Iguana's on Third Street. Speaking of Iguana's, the appear to be back in business! Woot! I needs me a super burrito! Great night! Now I just need to pack for our weekend trip to lovely SoCal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home