Thursday, November 09, 2006

What A DIfference A Day Makes

Well, maybe more like three and a half years, several thousand dead US soldiers (to say nothing of the thousands upon thousands of dead Iraqis), billions of dollars down the drain, and a number of political and sex scandals. Wow. That sounds really, really bad when I say it out loud. The Democrats have wrested the House of Representatives (and it appears the Senate as well) from the Republicans. 1994 doesn't seem that long ago to me, but I guess it really is a long time gone. I hope that a certain amount of sanity returns to American politics now that Shrub doesn't have a rubber stamp for his various wacky ass ideas. Of course this may (may) require the Dems to conceive of (and properly communicate) some ideas about how to run the country. But it seems like good news to me that America seems to be finally repudiating the current administration. I'll enjoy that for a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home