Sunday, November 12, 2006

Set Your Goals 2006

So, here's kind of a recap of my goals from last year, only a month and a half after I meant to revisit them:

1. Go camping at least four times.

Hmm, I went camping a couple times, but not four.

2 Visit two new national parks I've never been to before.

Easy peasy. I went to Death Valley, Arches, Canyonlands, and Devil's Postpile.

3. Read more books. Let's say, six.

I think I did this handily.

4. Improve my photography skillz. What does this mean? More workshops? Try to get to at least one workshop or class.

I got to a smallish workshop on my trip to Yosemite last February, but it wasn't that spectacular. I also picked up a number of neat tricks (night photography stuff, etc) but nothing formal. Marginal.

5. Get my passport renewed and travel abroad somewhere.

Nope. Didn't do this one. Have to get on that for next year.

6. Improve guitar playing ability to the point where I don't hate the sound of my own playing.

Another failure. I pretty much stopped playing at the beginning of 2006 and am just now getting back into it.

7. Develop and frame more prints.

As those who have been the recipients of my prints for birthday/Christmas/whatever presents know, I've done a lot of prints in the past year.

8. Lose 10 pounds by New Year's. Lose 30 pounds by next year.

I did the first part and for a while I was close to the second part, but I've been backsliding the past few months.

9. Take a Spanish class.

Wow, I barely even thought about doing that this past year.

10. Volunteer. I miss doing that.

I feel like I've done some kind of minimally qualifying volunteer work, but I can't think of it offhand, so I'm counting this one as a loser.

11. See if there are any women compatible with me out there.

An unqualified success! There's at least one woman out there who seems compatible with me. <grin>

12. Write one Mac OS X program on my own time for my own edjumacation.

Um, I didn't do it on my own time, but I have marginally improved my skillz on the Mac OS X as part of the work I've done at <the place where the money comes from>.

13. Fix up my damn yard.

Uh, I got a couple of fences replaced. Does that count? No? Ok, it's a fair cop.

Kind of a mixed bag in terms of my success rate, but I had a very decent year, so I am not entirely dissatisfied.
So what are my goals for 2006-2007? A bunch of them are recycled goals from 2005-6.

1. Keep my sweety happy with me.

2. Visit at least two national parks I've never been to before.

3. Read at least six books.

4. Improve my photography skills. Go to at least one workshop or class.

5. Get my passport renewed and travel abroad somewhere.

6. Improve my guitar playing ability. I got the new axe. I should get a new teacher and try practicing at least half an hour a day.

7. Process at least four of the photo sessions I took in the past year. Which is a pathetic goal.

8. Lose 20 pounds by my next birthday. Specifically, make a concerted effort to get into the gym four times a week.

9. Improve my brain: learn a new language, brush up on my atrophied math skills, don't get stale.

10. More volunteering/public service.

11. Go camping at least four times.

12. improve my Mac OS X hacking skillz. I even have a project in mind.

13. Fix up the house!!! Do at least four of the ten items I have my whiteboard to-do list.

I'll revisit the goals next year around my birthday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Keep my sweety happy with me.
-----------------------

No photos in shutterfly/shutterbug/whatever the heck it is?

No, NOT of you "keeping her happy," just her.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home