Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Crazy Coachella Weekend


(click to see album)

Man, I need to get to bed, but this has been a nutty, nutty weekend. Of my own devising, mostly. So after getting up early Friday and Saturday, I got up early Sunday to fly to Las Vegas where I was met by Carl, Esther, and Noelle who spent the previous day or so tearing up the town. We drove from LV to Indio to see the Coachella festival, or what we could. Got there around six or so. It was an abbreviated festival for us, but I managed to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Massive Attack, and Tool. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs were about what I'd expect from a punk band in a concert. Some rough edges, but I enjoyed the energy of the group. Massive Attack was the high point of my evening (and why I decided to go in the first place). They played (among others) Teardrop, Future Proof, Angel, and Inertia Creeps. They also played a few songs I didn't recognize which I assume are from an upcoming album. I really, really loved this set. I would consider traveling to the UK just to see them in concert. Actually, I plan on getting tickets to see them this fall at the Hollywood Bowl, if I can. The last act of the night was Tool. Tool was great. Their fans, on the other hand, made me want to commit murder. Mowing them down with a machine gun came to mind. These people were about as obnoxious as the fans at the Offspring show I saw a few years back. I guess I should have moved even farther back. I got to see Maynard though. That was cool. But the Tool set kind of harshed my mellow. We escape the polo fields around 2am and I managed to get us north of LA county before sunrise. If only just barely before sunrise. Finally got home around 4 today in the afternoon. Finally starting to feel ready to sleep. Packed a lot of living into the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home