Friday, April 07, 2006

Movable Concert

So, I got this antsy feeling, which I get from time to time. I just felt like going for a ramble. Rambling on foot is tricky around here. Too much pavement and concrete. Driving's the next best thing. Needed to get away from people and buildings and lights. So I got in the car, rolled down the window (the better to smell things) and hit the road. I knew when I stopped in Saratoga to get something to drink that it was going to be a good trip because when I got out of the car I smelled one of my favorite smells: the watery smell in the air when the sap begins to run. I got into the mountains and fell into a zen-like state that's like meditation for me. It was dark and damp and the music was blasting. Perfect.
(Love. You. iPod.)

I drove up to Boulder Creek and then to Santa Cruz and then up the highway to Half Moon Bay before heading home. The music kept me in a semi-hypnotic state while I watched the surf hurtle behind me.
[playlist]

Oh, and Kristi, if you heard NIN blaring away in the night, that was probably me. Sorry.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Wow. Cool. I do that sometimes. I have never met anyone who described it so well. Having the window down, and smelling the air is such an important part of getting into it.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree. I wish my sense of smell hadn't gone downhill in the past couple of years. :-(

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home