Monday, April 10, 2006

Lucky Number Slevin

Saw the new Josh Hartnett vehicle (oh yeah, Bruce Willis, Ben Kingsley, Morgan Freeman, Lucy Liu, and Stanley Tucci are in it) Friday night. Overall I thought it was pretty good noir-esque thriller about a case of mistaken identity and a couple of aging crime lords at war with each other. I thought it was going to be pretty light hearted and funny (which it mostly was), but the first fifteen minutes were extremely dark. Hartnett did his some surprisingly good work. No, really, he was good. I especially enjoyed the dialog, since there was a lot of repartee between Hartnett and the gangsters who think he's someone who he is not. Liu had a lot of good lines too. She's hot and witty (well, she reads well anyway). Anyway, it took me about half the movie to figure out what was going on, although I guess some of the people I went with jumped right to the proper conclusion. I thought it was a good ride, but YMMV. Weird set design, though. Funny wallpaper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home