Monday, September 19, 2005

Merry Wives of Windsor

Saw The Merry Wives of Windsor tonight with Noelle and Kevin up in the hills. It was set during the 50s. There was one character who spoke the Elizabethan dialog with an Edith Bunker voice that made me laugh every time I heard it. A quite decent Falstaff (dressed in a gold lame shirt with the World's Worst Combover). Overall I thought it was a pretty good production, although some of the actors could have projected a bit more. The one thing that did bother me was the guy behind us who was, um, overenthusiastic and laughed at every other word they were saying. And he had this high volume braying laugh that made people want to do physical violence. Except at the end of the night when he started cheering, but his cheer collapsed into a hideous rattle (reminiscent of Mr. Ken Shabby from the Monty Python sketch of the same name) which had both Kevin and me struggling to keep from bursting out laughing.

Oh, and speaking of Monty Python there's one part during the play where someone says "She's a witch!" And I cannot help but reflexively crying out "Burn her!" I am such a nerd.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But how do you knnooooow she is a witch?

12:43 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

She turned me into a newt!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

(I got better.)

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home