Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Now We Know Where He Gets It From

While making a tour of the Astrodome where so many hurricane victims are being housed, former first lady Barbara Bush was heard to say:

"So many of the people here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them."

"This" being the ability to stay in Texas now that, you know, their homes and loved ones have washed away. Wow.

I think I heard part of this on Marketplace on NPR last night, but didn't realize who had said it or really pay much attention to it. Then I caught it again on the Daily Show here. The show Marketplace has the raw audio here (Real player required) if you want to get things in context.

Mostly it's Mrs. Bush talking about how great Texas is. Good thing there was a hurricane to send these poor people to Texas.

I had always wondered how Shrub managed to be so callous about other human beings. I guess values are learned at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home