Monday, August 29, 2005

Ren Faire in the Park

(click to see album)

Twas a time before bras...
My friend Kristi turned me on to the Renaissance Faire held this weekend in Golden Gate Park. I met her there, as well Kevin and Rick. Had a pretty good time. There were a wide variety of historical periods represented, much to the chagrin of the purists. :-) They had folks there doing matchlock demos and the rapier dueling contest was pretty interesting too. This one guy had a dragon costume that was really quite elaborate. There were also periodic mini-parardes through the fairgrounds. I kinda wish I had picked something up at the Pirate Store for talk like a pirate day, but oh well. Missed the battle royale, but I heard it wasn't much to see this year. Anyway, I took a few pictures of dubious quality, which I uploaded to Shutterfly, that will hopefully give a flavor of the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home