Sunday, July 17, 2005

Comic-Con 2005: Day 4

Started out at Hall H again, this time for the Aeon Flux panel. Got in a little late, but the lines were not (at that time) terribly hellacious. Charlize Theron was there, looking like Charlize. The clip looked less confusing than the actual cartoon, so I think it has some promise of being decent.

The next panel was the unique Kevin Smith who showed up evidently because he heard that Kong was here this year. He entertained questions from various parties about various topics (including the guy who kept shouting about how "Jesus died for your sins.") and was generally entertaining. There were a lot of cock jokes. At the very end, Richard Kelley showed up to show a short animated clip about his new project Southland Stories (I think that was the name of it). The clip featured a couple of SUVs, um, "having relations." So I am not really sure what that was all about.

After that, I decided to split and made my way through the insanely long line that had formed for Serenity, the Firefly movie. It looked nearly as bad as yesterday for the WB panel. The line I mean. I didn't see the panel.

Wandered around the floor for a while, which was challenging, since Saturday is when the bulk of the con-goers show up. It was crazy busy on the floor.

I eventually made my way up to the J Michael Straczynski, who was answering questions about Babylon 5, writing, following your passion, and that sort of thing. He's a great speaker and I would recommend him to anyone who has the opportunity. After his talk, I snuck out to the autograph signing place where he was doing a signing and got him to sign my copy of Midnight Nation and got a couple pictures with him. W00t! Immediately after that, I saw that both Lani Tupu (Captain Crais/voice of Pilot) and David Franklin (Captain Braca) from Farscape were there and got pictures and autographs from both of them.

Rounded out the day by going to the Emily the Strange panel. I don't think they've done a panel before, because it was incredibly disorganized and they weren't so good with fielding questions. I did win a packet of stickers in the trivia contest and got a couple sketches after the panel, so that was cool. They seemed very friendly one on one, so I think it's just inexperience conducting panels that made it, um, well, strange.

Because some ass clown scheduled Emily and Tenacious D at the same time, I missed the awesome power of the D, which makes me sad. Another time, perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home