Wednesday, May 25, 2005

My Family Has Grown Larger



Damn you Donald! I was talking with my friend Donald about how torn I was because I wanted something I could practice guitar with while traveling. I was conflicted because the Traveler Speedster will fit in a carry on, so I can take it easily on a plane. On the other hand, while trying out acoustics, I fell in love with the tone of the Seagull M6 Cedar GT. What to do? Donald points out, oh so helpfully, hey you could get both of them. Sooooo, now I have two more guitars. Now where to put them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aki said...

Oh dear. Its only downhill from here.
Congratulations? :P

12:37 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, I wonder if I can get tax exemptions.

1:16 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Hi Chris,

How does that Speedster sound? Is it easy to play?

You should come check out my blog! I post a lot of lessons and tips for guitar players. Here's the link:

A Guitar Teacher's Lesson Notebook

Feel free to comment, link to my site, and use any of the materials on my site. For instance, I've got tons of chord charts here:

Heartwood Guitar Chord Charts

Hope you like it,

Rob

12:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hey Rob,

I haven't yet set up the one I brought home (too much fun with the Seagull). I tried my friend's speedster which is identical except for the pickup (he has a single coil) and the dual coil model they had in the store. I thought the sound was pretty good. Good enough for trips where I have to fly somewhere. Playing it is interesting, since it has no headstock. The strap helps a lot with that. If you sit, you can balance it on your leg ok. There's also an armrest that is not shown in the photo which screws on/off. I think it's pictured in the Speedster link I've posted.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home