Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Trip Reflections

I'm back now. The trip back was uneventful, other than being way, way early. Fortunately I got a wakeup call from Noelle (it was still a reasonable hour out west) at O' Dark Early and hit the road. Stopped at Beans because
  1. I like going there and
  2. in my infinite wisdom I packed four shirts for a five day trip and thought a 6+ hour flight would be more enjoyable with a fresh shirt
The drive was actually mostly pretty relaxing. Random notes from my travels:
  • I miss Maine. The smells. The rain. The woods. How dark it gets in the country at night. Got some serious homesickness while I was back. No matter where I go, I think Maine will always be The Home Place. Too bad the job market there sucks such major ass. I got thinking that maybe I should dump this Computer Thing and become a lumberjack or something. This comes back to the periodic What Am I Doing With My Life thing that I guess I should revisit when I have a quiet moment.
  • If I had to get a minivan, the Mazda MPV wouldn't be such a bad way to go.
  • Ring Dings rule!
  • The middle seat in Coach Class of a Boeing 757 is this wide: *pulls arms tight in against body* How do I know? Because I've spent 12 hours in the past week in pretty much that exact position. Last minute flights suck.
  • New Hampshire changed their toll booths to only take tolls in the northbound lane. And the toll is twice as much.
  • I miss thunderstorms and moisture.
  • You can get an electric weed whacker at Home Depot, but not an electric brush cutter. Guess the motor's not up to heavy stuff.
  • Don't forget to tell your loved ones that you love them. Some day you won't have a chance.



Listening to: F.N.T from the album Great Divide by Semisonic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home