Monday, August 02, 2004

R.I.P. Bill Longley

My mom called last night to let me know that my Uncle Bill died this weekend. He had diabetes and had been in poor health the past few years. Last winter they ended up amputating his foot because it had become necrotic. I guess they don't know exactly he died of, it was very sudden. He had just been in surgery to improve the blood circulation in his remaining foot (bad circulation is a serious problem if you have diabetes, evidently, and was the reason why he lost the other foot). He appeared better, but died suddenly thereafter. Probably a blood clot. Anyway, looks like I'll be heading back to New England this summer after all, although all things being equal, I'd rather not be under the circumstances. Sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home