Monday, July 26, 2004

Comic-Con Day Five: And We're Out!

Didn't do a whole lot today. There were a couple of panels I went to: Comic Book Legal Defense Fund because I am interested in First Amendment cases and the Firefly: Serenity panel hosted by Joss Wheedon and the Firefly cast. I unfortunately dozed a bit in the latter panel, since I didn't get a lot of sleep the previous night. I have heard a lot about the show, but haven't actually caught any of the episodes. Guess I won't, either, since Fox cancelled the show after something like 7 episodes. Learned that besides the new Ghost In the Shell movie and video game, there's also going to be a series on Adult Swim's action lineup on Saturdays. Made a single pass of the entire show floor in about two hours. Fortunately, I had seen most of the booths there already, so I didn't have to spend too much time looking at things, or two hours would not have been sufficient. Crowds were a little lighter. On my way out I saw Phil Foglio sitting on the floor, sketching, so I went up introduced myself and said hello. Phil did the art in the Dark Horse graphic novel version of Another Fine Myth by Robert Asprin. Evidently Asprin is putting a new book in that series out in the fall, which is great news. I always loved those books. Went back to the hotel, finished up packing, dropped my extra stuff off with Noelle, and made my way back to the world. Whew! What a ride. A very entertaining week to be sure, but also draining. Now I need another vacation. ;-)

I liked San Diego. Never been there before. Interesting skyline. Seemed pretty laid back. Temperatures seemed reasonable with a nice sea breeze. A bit on the humid side. Not sure if that means it was really humid (like back home) or if I've just acclimated to San Jose's dryness.

I have pix from the con, which I will post as soon as I can.


Listening to: One Of Our Submarines from the album The Golden Age Of Wireless by Thomas Dolby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home