Monday, June 21, 2004

Wake up

"I might vote for Kerry if he changed his position on gay marriage, so it would be illegal. You know?"
This is what I woke up hearing some woman saying on NPR this morning, in an article about how polarized the electorate is this year. I have to wonder: Lady, what personal stake do you have in gay marriage? You think you're in danger of losing your inheritance to your gay brother's "friend" if they could get married? People used to mind their own business where I come from.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Maybe she believed what Falwell said about gays and 9/11...

Not that Kerry has actually been supporting gay marriage, anyway... isn't he sticking to the "give them civil unions" stance?

10:36 AM  
Blogger Aki said...

Well where I'm from, we like to tell people what to believe in. Keeps things simple that way...

Scissorhands snip at freedom of expression

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home